EGW saw a need for some improvements on extractors available today for the 1911. The steel available to us today is of much higher quality than what was available in 1911 when the 1911 pistol was first produced. Improvements to the entire manufacturing process include better alloys, more controlled furnaces, vacuum heat treat, better tooling, and finite element analysis-all of which EGW uses in production.
EGW-specific Improvements to the original 1911 Extractor:
1. The hook is moved back closer to the bolt face to improve extractor life and accuracy
2. The hook is done with a special cutter that leaves a nice clean radius in the inside corner where most extractors fail.
3. The Hook itself is undercut a couple degrees so it bites into the case rim.
4. The back section is solid so it is stronger.
5. The back is a little long so you can blend it to YOUR slide for a perfect fit. We checked slides from 5 manufactures during development and they were all different in the back radius where the extractor blends in.
6. The cut for the firing pin stop is held to a tighter spec and works great with our O/S fp stop.
7. Vacuum heat treated 49 to 51 rc which yields great spring properties and maintains tension.
8. Made from Unobtanium, only available from EGW inc. this stuff is a century ahead of common spring steel.
9. 20 years experience counts for something. EGW the parts that fit.
10. This extractor will fit 9MM, 38 Super, .40 S&W and 45ACP