When it comes to 1911 reliability, the extractor is the most important component part of your 1911 handgun. A well-designed, properly tuned extractor ensures that your pistol feeds, extracts and ejects reliably every time.
All Wilson Combat Bullet Proof ® Extractors are machined from solid bar stock alloy steel and then specially heat treated for long lasting tension and toughness to resist chipping or breakage.
Wilson Bullet Proof ® extractors are the choice of professional gunsmiths and will hold tension longer and resist damage better than any other extractor on the market.
All of our 1911 extractors require minimal fitting for proper function and often will drop in some guns with only final tensioning required. Used in conjunction with a Wilson Combat firing pin stop you can optimize extractor function for any 1911 pistol.
• Stainless: Fully Machined from PH 13-8 Stainless Steel tool steel with a tensile strength of 215,000 PSI
• Blue: Fully Machined from S7 shockproof tool steel with a tensile strength of 275,000 PSI
• Optimized hook design for maximum strength and case rim contact
• Hook location tolerances held to +/- .001″
• Radiused corners for extended life and smooth feeding
• Enhanced design holds tension longer over factory part many times over
• Heat treated to optimum hardness and cryogenically treated
• Guaranteed for life against breakage or we will replace at no cost to you
Series 70 vs Series 80 1911 Extractors:
The difference between Series 70 and Series 80 extractors is a plunger retainer stud machined into the Series 80 extractor. This retainer stud holds the firing pin safety plunger that is visible next to the disconnector rail in place on Colt-style Series 80 slides. All extractors which are designed to work in a Series 80 1911 will also work in all Series 70 guns, however extractors designed for Series 70 guns lack the machined cut which allows the firing pin lock plunger to be installed and therefore can not be used in Series 80 guns. Kimber series II guns can use either a 70 series or 80 series. All Springfield Armory 1911 pistols are 70 series.
*Note: This item is Not Eligible for discounts or dealer pricing.