Every opinion of the NITRO FIN 1.0 (2012 design) was used in creating the Shooting Sports Innovations Nitro Fin 2.0. Listed below are the main key changes.
• THUMB REST PAD REDESIGN: It’s 0.150 WIDER, This came from the USPSA Open shooters mainly.. They needed it wider to compensate for the scope mount. We understand everyone has a different thumb and it’s curved, so a flatter pad angle increased the surface area. We undercut and reduced the rear section of the pad to eliminate any discomfort shooting weak handed.
• PIN QUALITY OVERHAUL: We changed our methods of machining the pins. This resulted in a no taper, tighter tolerance pin. Now 0.1995 with a 0.00025 tolerance. Longer pin to aid in removal and for wider frames.
• SLIDE TAB CALIBRATION: We increased the height and changed it’s shape to not contact Grams followers. Also put a nice radius on that tab to aid in installation.
• LOWER THUMB SHIELD: Some reported hitting the shield when racking the slide. We lowered it to the min height.
• REAR DETENT BLOCK: We averaged all the frames we could measure and made a recessed block to capture your slide stop plunger. Ever experienced the slide locking back while shooting weak hand? Kiss that problem good bye.
• Availble in machined polished or black nitride coating.
PLEASE READ: Check your current slide lock for pin size. Use caution test fitting it before test firing at the range. The Nitro Fin by design fits close inside the slide lock relief of the frame, some gun smith work may be required.
The Pin size is 0.1995
Slide lock does lock the slide back manually, but does not automatically on the last round. (Top Level Gunsmith Feature)