The Brazos Modular Double Stack (MDS) long/wide and Short/Wide frame has been designed and is manufactured by Brazos Custom.
The MDS 5″ long/wide frame matches the full profile of a unique slide. The MDS short/wide drilled and non-drilled frames also matches well with a unique slide. The MDS drilled frame has been tapped on the left side for a scope mount in the standard C-More plus 2 pattern (5 holes on 0.375 centers). This drilled frame comes with a Wilson/Nowlin ramp cut only.
Bob brings to the design of this frame knowledge gained from having built thousands of competition double stack guns. He knows what works and where there are problems. The result is a frame with optimal specifications and tolerances that enable you to build a reliable, consistent functioning pistol. Master gunsmiths will recognize the ease and consistency this frame brings to their gun building process. More novice builders will appreciate that parts go together with fewer complications and less fitting. Consistency of dimensions means parts can be expected to fit the same each and every time resulting in fewer mistakes and fewer ruined parts.
This frame is available with either a Wilson/Nowlin ramp or semi-ramp. “Semi-ramp” means most of the work has already been done for you – you make the final finishing cut to create either a Wilson/Nowlin ramp or a Clark/Para ramp. Please note that the semi-ramp frame will not work with an unramped barrel.
Some of the frame’s key features include:
• Cut from 4140 pre-hard barstock. Because we cut from already hardened stock there is no distortion caused by heat treat after machining.
• There is extra material at both the front and rear of the dust cover for blending to match the slide once the barrel is fit.
• Frame rails have extra bearing surface for a smoother, longer lasting slide-to-frame fit. They are cut in the same setup as the dustcover resulting in parallel surfaces left-to right and top-to-bottom.
• All edges have been radiused/chamfered for smooth operation and feel.
• A “matched” hammer and sear pin are provided with each frame. Pins are sorted by size in 0.0002 inch increments, then individually matched to each frame for a tight, “no-play” fit. Particular attention has been paid to hole location and size. This makes for an easier trigger job because the hammer and sear engagement surfaces are square.
• The frame has been optimized to work with both the polymer STI grip and the Cheely steel grip. Either of these grips can be installed with little or no fitting. There is a small
amount of extra material in the grip safety area for blending.
*Note: This item is Not Eligible for discounts or dealer pricing.
A signed copy of a FFL must be emailed or faxed to us “Shipped only to a Federal Firearm License holder once received and verified.”
**Note: Not legal for sale in California.
There are no reviews yet.